The Blog of Andy Preston's FM104 10 - 3 Show Check it out for up-to-date info on the show!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

She Wouldn't.....Would She?

So Jade Goody has been diagnosed with cancer. As much as I dislike her and all she stands for my heart sank when I read the news in mondays papers. It must be the most devastating news any human being has to absorb in their lifetime - I certainly hope that neither I or any of my family have to endure it.

I'll be honest with you, for a brief moment I thought to myself that maybe this was another one of her publicity grabbing stunts. After all she has built a career for herself out of the car crash world of reality tv and Z celeb magazines that report on every fart that Jade and her fellow attention craving empty vessels make. But I quickly dismissed my doubts and convinced myself that no one, not even Jade would bluff about something as serious as cancer. Or would she?

It would seem that the world of entertainment shared my doubts and if this is all an elaborate hoax then the movers and shakers of the reality tv world should be ashamed of themselves for dragging the whole sordid mess so far down the gutter that an individual should feel that the only way they can garner the love attention and money they crave from the public is to lie about a life threatening deadly illness like cervical cancer.

I do however agree with the sentiments of her publicist Max Clifford and I hope that she makes a full recovery.

Perhaps now her cretin of a mother will finally pull through and give her daughter the support that she needs.

Andy