The Blog of Andy Preston's FM104 10 - 3 Show Check it out for up-to-date info on the show!

Monday, February 18, 2008

It's A Baby!

You may or may not know that I'm about to become a father for the second time and we're so excited that we could collectively burst! Every monday we get an email from a website that gives us a progress report on how baby is developing. We always look forward to the weekly email and the first thing I do when I get to work on a monday morning is open my email and read all about our little one's journey.

Over the last few months they have been using various fruits and vegetables to describe the size of our baby inside the womb but in this weeks mail it tells us that our baby is now fully developed and ready to greet the world! I can't describe the rush of emotions I felt when I read that and I had to ask herself this morning "how did we get here?" It's our first baby together and although I've done this before it all seems, well, new somehow. What ever I knew the last time around either seems to have changed or maybe I didn't know it in the first place. Maybe it's because I'm a little more mature and maternal this time around than the previous time. I was scared stiff prior to my 7 year old son Aaron being born but all of that disappeared once he was born and even though I don't get to see him half as much as I would like to, we enjoy a fantastic relationship and share the same interests in music, cars and computer games:-)

So, here's what this weeks email said.....


Hello from BabyCenter! Congratulations! Your baby is full-term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away. He weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long.

By the way, even tthough the email refers to our child as a 'he', we still don't know the sex of our baby. Any body taking bets?:-)