The Blog of Andy Preston's FM104 10 - 3 Show Check it out for up-to-date info on the show!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Rant (long overdue)

So this morning we were once again reminded of the sham that our road system is. Of course smug old me is just pissed off because the one day I decide to drive in and not take the train, the heavens open and drivers fail to adjust their regular maniac driving habits to suit the weather.

The result..... Pandemonium!

To be honest if I had to drive to work every day I would have given up doing this by now and it makes me feel even more sorry for the poor unfortunates - and possibly you are one of them -that have to do it every day. Patience is a virtue that not many of us have in abundance and in these trying times with rising interest rates, our over-mortgaged houses falling in value on a weekly basis and the constant reminder that we are spending/eating/drinking too much, do you ever wonder sometimes why you bother?

I witnessed some obnoxious moron scream obscenities at an old lady this morning for driving slow. Among the choice words was "why don't you get a decent car you old bag" Well Buddy, she'll probably still have her car when the bank manager has reposessed your bottom of the range Merc:-)

I can now put it all behind me fromthe comfort of studio one here in Hume House as I fix myself with the aid of the Love Hearts Fizzle Stick Dip that Mel Byrne left here last night. Forget about the re-launched Wispa bars, this is the stuff!

Mel Byrne for president and the little old lady for roads manager!